EasyComment jQuery Plugin
Allowing visitors to leave comment on your web page can never be easier with the help of EasyComment. EasyComment is a lightweight yet full functional jQuery plugin that can be easily embedded in any web page to allow visitors to leave comments on that page. No database is required. EasyComment also support multi section comments within one page. EasyComment has the following features:
- Multiple comments in one page.You can easily add comment to different section within the same page.
- Multi-level reply allowed
- Comment moderating options:
- No moderate: This is the default option
- Waiting for approval: Other visitors will not see this comment until it is approved
- Spam: Blacklist visitor's IP address
- Easy use comment dashboard to spam, trash or approve a new comment
- Dynamic reply level control: control how deep the reply can go for individual comment.
- Support special element:
- [link]your-url[/link] for <a></a> element
- [img]image-url[/img] for <img></img>
- [b]your-text[/b] for <strong></strong>
- [u]your-text[/u] for <u></u>
- [i]your-text[/i] for <i></i>
- [strike]your-text[/strike] for <strike></strike>
- [quote]your-text[/quote] for <blockquote></blockquote>
- No database support required: Comments are managed using XML file format.
- Tested in IE9, Firefox 3.6+, Google Chrome 11, Opera 10+, Safari 5.04 .
|How to setup/use EasyComment?|
Suppose your domain is http://www.your-domain.com/, and EasyComment will be installed right
under the root directory.
|path||/easy-comment/||Set the path where the EasyComment is installed.|
|maxReply||5||The depth of reply for individual comment. 0 will disable reply to any comment.|
|moderate||false||False to publish the comment immedietely, True to wait for approval. If moderate is set to true, you should change the moderator email address in ec-comment.php to your address so that you can receive notification when a new comment is posted.|
|height||null||If height is null, the EasyComment will use the height set in the container element. If height is a numeric value, the container height will be set to this value. Scollbar will show if needed.|
|countPerPage||10||Number of comments displayed per page. If countPerPage = 0, there will be no paging buttons, all the comments will be shown in current page.|
|hasSubject||false||True to have subject field in the comment form.|
|hasEmail||false||True to have email field in the comment form.|
|hasSite||false||True to have web site field in the comment form.|
Source Code Download
Do you like EasyComment?
EasyComment is distributed under "New BSD License", so you can use it everywhere, even in commercial applications.
If you appreciate my work, you can support it by making a small donation: